• 200 cigarettes or
• 250 cigars or
• 250 grammes of tobacco
• 250 ml of perfume
• Non residents are free to import or export an unlimited amount of foreign currency providing it is declared at the customs department. All residents and foreign visitors are banned from importing or exporting any local currency. An additional 6 Libyan Dinar Airport. Tax will need to be paid at the airport of departure by all foreign travellers.
• Illegal drugs
• Weapons, explosives and ammunition – including toy guns
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Pork and pork products
• Plant and plant products – unless permission has been obtained
• Pets and animals – unless permission has been obtained
• Mineral water
• Tea and Coffee
• Oriental rugs
• Luxury cars
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• All alcohol and alcoholic beverages are banned from entry.
• Plant and plant products entering the country will need to be accompanied by a plant quarantine certificate. Insecticides may be imported only with a permit obtained from the Secretariat of Agriculture and Agrarian Reform’s plant Protection Department.
• Any display signs, tickets or cards being imported and displayed inside the country will have to be written in Arabic in order to be admitted.
• Fresh egg imports must be stamped with the name of the exporting company and with the name of the country of origin and the date of production whilst all pork and pork products are prohibited from entering the country.
• Cats and dogs being imported into Libya will need to be accompanied by two veterinary health certificates from the country of origin and a rabies vaccination certificate.
• All goods of Israeli origin are completely banned from entering the country.